Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Flight to Iceland

I woke at 6am after falling asleep at midnight. Not sure why I was up so early, but since it was my dad's birthday, I got up and had breakfast with him. I did last minute computer stuff, took a shower and we left at 9:15am and got there in plenty of time. Easy check in with Alaska, got a breakfast burrito for my "lunch." Super easy security, they swabbed my hands, but then I didn't have to take off my shoes, or take out my liquids, or my electronics, or anything. It was great and quick. Waved good bye to mom and was at the gate super early, especially since they have a flight that leaves every half hour, I was about 3 flights before mine.

Boarded the tiny plane...maybe 25 rows and about 29 people total and nodded off as the plane took its 35 minute flight. It was fun to see Seattle by air. I don't think I've ever seen it like that before, but I've been around Seattle enough I could think "that's where..."

Once at Sea-Tac I needed to take 3 different trains to connect to the right terminal! While I was doing all the transfers, I saw another lady with the National Geographic tags and commented we were probably going to the same place. She said "Iceland?" In transit we ended up separating, and there were 2 flights to Iceland 15 minutes apart, so I'm not sure if she's on my flight or the other one.
Slept for probably 4 hours, then watched Catching Fire (cuz I hadn't seen it yet) and for the last hour I've just been thinking and resting. We are about to land. It's been bright outside the whole time because of us flying so North. Unfortunately I have a headache. Not sure if that's from dehydration, lack of food or lack of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment